Pages

Friday, June 13, 2008

National Whistleblower Center

Greetings from Steve Giballa in the basement of a public interest law office! This is a brief description of what my Equal Justice Foundation summer grant has allowed me to work on this summer. I have accepted a legal internship with the National Whistleblower Center, a non-profit law office that exclusively represents whistleblowers who have faced employment discrimination.

Whistleblowers serve as a vital source of information for all manner of public interest matter and my involvement here stems ultimately from my interest in environmental conservation. But I’m excited to be a part of a legal team that works for transparency and accountability on behalf of the public. Thanks to EJF funds I get to be part of something really exciting thing summer.

I am currently working with two other interns on a reply brief on behalf of a former FBI agent. Our client retired involuntarily after making protected allegations that FBI agents in her office had removed personal property from Ground Zero. Within months of this allegation, the FBI began termination proceedings after 25 years of service. We hope to further the precedent that whistleblowers are safe from retribution when they voice their observations of corruption and other skullduggery.

No comments:

Equal Justice Foundation

EJF's Live Auction took place January 29, 2015 in Hart Auditorium and was a HUGE SUCCESS. Check the Facebook page for updates about other ways to help fund public interest activities for Summer 2015